Electronic and Instrumentation Development
A large part of the realization of a successful research project is
due to the instrumentation that is used to bring it about. A careful design, specifically tailored to the needs of a project, and the construction of the different components that constitute telescopes, cameras and similar tools, are the aim of instrumentation science .
Within the ICCUB research context, its members participate very actively in:
- A positioner for SIDE, MEGARA and BIG-BOSS [+]
- The deployable probe arms for MIRADAS [+]
- The improvement of the TFRM (Fabra-ROA Montsec Telescope) [+]
- The elaboration of the Science Case document of WEAVE [+]
- The design of radiation-tolerant Application-Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs) for CTA, LHCb upgrade and PET [+]
Lines of Research
- Development of Science instruments for the Gran Telescopio de Canarias and WHT.
- Robotic and remote astronomy.
- Development of Silicon PM (SiPM, MPPC) readout ASIC for PET and ToF