Electronics and Instrumentation
A large part of the realization of a successful research project is due to the instrumentation that is used to bring it about. A careful design,
specifically tailored to the needs of a project, and the construction of the different components that constitute telescopes, cameras and similar tools,
are the aim of instrumentation science.
Within the ICCUB research context, its members participate very actively in:
- High energy physics detectors. Particularly, the front end electronics for the calorimeter and scintillating fiber tracker detectors. This involves the design of radiation-tolerant
Application-Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs) for the LHCb upgrade
- Development of Cherenkov Telescopes cameras, particularly for Large Sized and Medium Sized Telescopes for the CTA (Telescope Cherenkov Array).
- Development and implementation of an Image Stabilization System for Solar Orbiter
- Development of radiopure data acquisition electronics for the International AXion Observatory.
- A positioner for SIDE, MEGARA and BIG-BOSS
- The deployable probe arms for MIRADAS
- The improvement of the TFRM (Fabra-ROA Montsec Telescope)