Objective: The purpose of the call for applications is to train young doctoral graduates by subsidizing two-year training periods carried out over a continuous period at a public university in Spain, at a university or research centre outside Spain, or with a Spanish public research body (these may not be the centres at which candidates completed their predoctoral training and obtained their doctoral degrees).
If the stay is carried out at a university or research centre outside Spain or with a Spanish públic research body, the second year must be carried out at the University of Barcelona or at another public university in Spain, as chosen by the candidate, which may be the university from which the candidate obtained their doctoral degree.
Contracts are signed for two full years. Contracts must come into effect between November 1, 2022. This date cannot be extended, except in justified cases of force majeure, at the discretion of the contracting body.
If the first year of the contract is carried out at a university or research centre outside Spain or with a Spanish public research body, the second year must be carried out at the University of Barcelona or at another public university in Spain, as chosen by the candidate, which may be the university from which the candidate obtained their doctoral degree.
candidate obtained their doctoral degree.In addition, a single payment of 3,500 gross euros is made as a transfer fee.
The value of the Margarita Salas Grant is:
• 3,500 euros gross per month for stays outside Spain
• 2,800 euros gross per month for stays in Spain and, in all cases, for the final year of the grant period
The amounts are inclusive of the social security withholding corresponding to the contract as well as all other associated salary items. .Grant recipients will not receive three-yearly salary increments or be entitled to any other form of salary adjustment for the duration of the contract.
Once the corresponding employer contribution has been deducted, the gross remuneration that the successful bidders will receive will be:
• 2,663,62 euros monthly gross for stays abroad
• 2,130,90 euros monthly gross for stays in Spain
In addition, a single gross payment of 3,500 euros is made to cover relocation costs, which may be subject to the corresponding social security withholding. Once the corresponding employer contribution has been deducted, the gross amount that the successful bidders will receive for transfer expenses will be 2,663,62 euros gross.
- You must have obtained your doctoral degree from the University of Barcelona no more than two years before the date on which the period for submission of requests closes (July 6th). This period is extended when certain circumstances arise, please consult the rules of the call.
- Candidates must request a stay over a continuous period of two years if they choose a públic university in Spain or for the first year of the grant period if they wish to complete the stay at a university or research centre outside Spain or with a Spanish public research body. The stay may not be carried out at the institution where the candidate completed their predoctoral training and obtained the doctoral degree.
- If the first year of the stay is carried out at a university or research centre outside Spain or with a Spanish public research body, the second year must be carried out at the University of Barcelona or at another public university in Spain, as chosen by the candidate, which may be the university from which the candidate obtained their doctoral degree.
-Candidates who obtained their doctoral degree at a private university in Spain or Spanish candidates who obtained their doctoral degree at a university of research centre outside Spain and who wish to complete part or all of their stay at the UB may also submit their request to the UB, provided that they meet the other general requirements.
You must submit one of each document, in PDF format. The total size must not exceed 10 MB.
1. Abbreviated CV, using the FECYT template
2. Doctoral certificate (not required if the doctoral degree was issued by the UB)
3. Scientific-technical trajectory of the host group at Centre 1.
· Scientific-technical trajectory of the host group at Centre 2, if applicable. · Report justifying the projected impact of the stay(s) on the candidate's teaching and research career. (Annex 2)
4. Confirmation of acceptance issued by the host centre (in Spain or abroad, as appropriate) (Annex 3)
5. Confirmation of acceptance issued by centre 2 (Spain) if applicable, if it is not the centre to which the request is submitted (Annex 4)
6. Certification of degree of disability, if applicable
7. Supporting documentation to extend the period to two years from the date of award of the doctoral degree certificate (maximum 5 documents and 10MB in total)
Submission of the application:
You can also check the frequently asked qüestions.
All the information regarding this call can be found here.
Working at the Institute of Cosmos Sciences
The Institute of Cosmos Sciences is a research institute of the University of Barcelona. It is an interdisciplinary centre dedicated to fundamental research in the fields of cosmology, astrophysics, and particle physics. In addition, the institute has a strong technology program through its participation in international collaborations in observational astronomy and experimental particle physics.
Moreover, the ICCUB participates in many key international scientific consortia and projects, such as the Large Hadron Collider, the Gaia astrometric space mission, the MAGIC / CTA high-energy astrophysics telescopes, and the Virgo gravitational wave detector, among others. Additional information about the Institute and the University of Barcelona can be found here.
You will be encouraged to contribute and interact with other researchers in the vibrant and international research environment as well as to participate in our outreach initiatives, more information at serviAstro and serviParticules.
As part of the University of Barcelona, the ICCUB is a recipient of the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research (HRS4R) Award, which recognises, among other achievements, respect for equal opportunities and the capacity to attract talent in a positive working environment that promotes the pursuit of successful research careers. The ICCUB respects the principles of open, transparent, merit-based selection. We strongly encourage women and underrepresented minorities in physical sciences to apply. For additional information please see the Diversity, equity and inclusion Commission.
The ICCUB is located in Barcelona, considered the 8th World's Best Cities 2021: one with near-perfect weather year-round, miles and miles of beaches, iconic parks, striking architecture and colourful neighbourhoods that march to their own beat—artistic, sophisticated, bohemian. Moreover, it is a pole of attraction for the technology sector, a top choice to establish a company in this sector, and it hosts some of the world's major technological events, such as the Mobile World Congress and the Smart City Expo. In addition, Barcelona and its metropolitan area is a leading destination on the map of global technological ecosystems and has infrastructures such as science parks, universities and the 22@ district.